Time is flying by. Doris and I are hoping all of you are well, happy and enjoying life and the sumer months.
Mothers day has passed and now Fathers day is history. We are both well and are enjoying Minnesota and each other. Growing old has its ups and downs but we seem to survive and enjoy life here in the upper midwest.
We spent last week end at Jane and Gary's just completed new home at lake Morrison in Cass County Minnesota. What a grand home they have built. It was also constructed environmentally safe so as not to pollute the lake. This is a real problem in Minnesota. It seems if you have enough money you can convince the county boards to amend all the rules concerning run off, long docks, speed boats causing wakes and destroying shorelines, larger weed rakes destroying fish reproduction and natural fish habits in the name of having a cabin at the lake. The county boards will do most anything to accommodate these lake home owners so as to be able to up the tax base in their counties.
It was a great week end for us. It was also the first time we have been overnighters since our last trip to Madison for the annual Cousins, annual reunion. We are no longer RV'ers so this was a real treat. We fished a lot, caught a lot of fish, Northern, crappie, bass, sunnies, played a lot of cards, ate to much and generally had one great time. The weather was perfect and we threw all the fish back as we caught. Some were mortally wounded the great Bald Eagle polices the lake with regularity and it was fun watching him watch us for his easy meal. These eagles return to this nest each spring. All we saw was the giant rooster patrolling his personal lake.
I have been fortunate, having the honor of being asked to build end tables and coffee tables for the new home. I am very fortunate to be able to maintain my shop at Eide Saw. Jane allows me
to do my thing and this keeps me busy, young at heart and healthy. I unable to thank her enough for this great privilege. I did furnish the new lake home with 9 bedside tables, 1 enormous coffee table and an entrance bench for shoe changing etc. I had a ball making a lot of sawdust.
Doris is now Kenwood school free for the summer. She is enjoying the summer just plain being lazy. She still travels to the casino on each and every Tuesday. I remember when Doris and I were dating. Tillie used to travel to Beloit, WI. one evening per week with her friends to play Bingo. I guess it's kind of in the genes. It was great for Doris and I as we had the living room to our selves after a nigh at the movies or before the last bus showed up to take me home to the village of Shorewood where I boarded. What a great time we had and the great memories that went with it.
I an weary of the oil spill news and am sad for the folks whom have lost their lives, jobs, businesses and mostly for the environmental disaster. Those great beaches will never be the same no matter how they try to convince us otherwize. Forever is Forever. Many species will be lost and some already have been lost. I wonder if our need for oil will ever cease. I also wonder if the cause for all of this will be corrected or if this is a message to prepare ourselves for more disasters and a signal for terrorist to use them for a easy target ruin more oceans. I remember how Sadam burned the oil wells some years back when he was in retreat.
We are all well up here in the Land of Sky Blue Waters. Son Tod is recuperating in Oroville, CA. We are thankful that we now know where is is and is being cared for. The balance of our Minnesota clan is doing well and despite some of the folks thoughts that we were making a crazy move. It worked out well and we are happy as clams we are here.
Back in 1949 when we were married, Some said it would never last! WOW
I am still having trouble receiving e-mail. I guess it must be me as the Apple store people say all is well. It is not well as I do not receive any e-mails.
O well, I guess I will live without e-mails until some one or more of my family bails me out. Bear with me.
The nice thing about being senile is, You can hide your own Easter eggs!
I've sure gotten old!
Two Bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought cancer and diabetes.
I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded and subject to blackouts and have bouts with dementia.
I have poor circulation, hardly feel my feet and hands anymore, can't remember if I'm 89 or 98.
Have lost all my friends, but thank God, I still have my drivers license.
Jim and Doris

No comments:
Post a Comment