Good Morning and Hi to All,
Another week has passed and there were no startling events in our lives.
We have become used to daylight savings and what a day brightner it is for Doris and I. Each morning the sun is shines in our window instead of the dark winter and the cold we faced during the winter months.
Spring cannot be far behind.
The weather in Minneapolis has been a breeze this past week with only a light jacket necesary to avoid a shiver or two in the early morning chill
Doris paid a visit to Dr. Anderson concerning her bladder. ( it seems that there is always an MD in her weekly life thesee days). I only discuss this because our lives have changed with our age. Seems there is always something that needs attention from our freinds in the medical field. Yes, lately, as we see them so often, they have indeede become friends.
I may be repeating some of this senario, and if I do please forgive and just skip ahead.
When Doris was being discharged from U of M hospital she was unable to urinate. The rule is, no discharge if you cannot perform this simple exercise!
They finally let me take her home, (with a catheter). This of course signaled another problem, her bladder.
She now needs some sort of surgery to keep the bladder from dropping and keeping her from urinating normaly.
Surgery for this (we have been told) is not difficult and only a short recovery is expected.
As of this time ther is no schedule to correct the problem. Will let you know when we find out.
I have a hard time understanding all of her health problems.
This is the same lady who never took a drink in her lifetime.
My tomato seeds that I carefully selected and plante with a tweezer, have developed into small two leafed stems growing out of the peat pots. They are enjoying life in the only window we have that traps some welcome sunlight. I watch over them like a mother hen and am waiting patiently for the day when I can transfer them to my garden plot at Eide Saw, compliments of Daughter Jane. I will keep you posted on the progress of these young plants as the mature and produce those wonderful Love Apples.
The jig saw puzzles Doris and I (visitors and passer's by who drop in a piece or two) have been working on in short periods have been solved. They are then displayed for all to see. then taken apart with all pieces transfered to plastic bags, sealed and placed in their original boxes and for another time. Some new chalenge's are on order but as yet have not arrived. I assume with the spring weather soon to poke it's head northward, the puzzles will play second fiddle to long awaited warm weather outside activities.
I do not comment on bad news.
There is a lot of good news around if you just look.
My good news for the day is, Eide Saw is busy. Not quite as busy as they have been in the past of course, but busy enough. No layoffs or short hours have occured or are anticipated. Business is a bit slower than Jane would like it but she is thankful for all the loyal customers that have been developed over all these years. Remember, Gearge Eide the founder, began in 1927 during the dark days of the big depresson, was succesful and passed it on to his family who were kind enough to gamble on me. I have passed in on to Daughter Jane and she is doing great.
This Tuesday it is supposed to be 60 degrees. The ice on Lake Mille Lacs is still about 4 feet thick. When we lived in Wisconsin we fished without the benefit of gas powered ice augers. We chiseled holes thru the ice with ice chisels about 5 or 6 ft long that we had to carry out on the ice with all the rest of our gear. The fish holes started out about 10 to 12 inches wide at the top. By the time we were through the ice you could just about get a fish the small opening at the bottom. The holes were always funnel shaped. the thicker the ice the more work it took. I cant imagine doing that through 4 feet of ice. I guess I'm getting soft.
Sign on a porta-potty truck;
"We're # 1 in the # 2 business"
It's nice to hear from those of you who take your time and let us hear from you.
Thanks.
Have a great week!
JIM AND DORIS

No comments:
Post a Comment