Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday, June 8,2009

Hi to all!

There is good news today. On Saturday morning past, Doris was released from the Re-Hab Center at Uof M Riverside.

We are happy to be home and together again.
She is doing well and getting around the building with her Caddilac walker. The re-hab people have installed a right hand shelf on it to accomodate her right arm cast. She steers and breaks with her left arm and hand. I will install a basket on the front tomorrow so she can carry mail and other necesarry's. I wonder if she needs a rear view mirror and a horn?

I am enjoying having her home and I do not miss the daily trip to the hospital. 

We are both somewhat housebound. Doris because she is recovering from the trauma, surgery and loss of her right hand, and I from the change in my lifestyle. It surprising to learn how much one misses the use of an arm, especially the domanant arm. We are both learning. 

Well needed rain finnaly arrived in our part of the world. Our tomatoes enjoyed and even though they were never deprived they are enjoying the gift from above.  The buds are forming and I am hoping for bees to help polinate. 

From my condo neighbor, "Alice Thompson":
"At 5 minutes, 6 seconds, after 4a.m. on the 7th of August, 2009 of this year, the time and date will be 04-05-06-07-08-09. This will not happen again until 3009" Mark your calendars and impress your teachers, students, relatives, friends and  neighbors. 

I apologize for the typo in Doris' hospital phone number. Show's I'm only human. No need to print a correction as she is home at 612-332-9965.

Thanks for tuning in, I appreciate.

Jim and Doris




No comments: