Minneapolis
Flag Day, June, 14, 2009
Doris and I are hoping all of you out there are flying your flag on this special day.
We fly ours each day except during inclement weather.
We believe it's the thing to do in all the world is providing.
Doris began her second week home from the rehab center and is doing great. Loosing the normal use of her right arm hampers her a bit, but the strong Norwegian heritage does help. She is tough and keeps on keeping on.
Our upper Midwest weather has finally turned to spring. We do need rain here. The lakes and rivers are quite low as well as the green parts of the country. I havent heard anything disaterous about farm crops as yet. Probably because the weather has been cool as well as dry. We are promised a great week of spring weather with some rain mixed in. We shall see!
Our week was busy. I was especially busy as I am now Doris' right hand man. I am learning how to plan meals, shop for groceries, clean (well partially) and all the other duties Doris has been providing for me all these 60 plus years. I am glad I'm able to rise to the ocassion.
Next week end we will travel to Brainerd MN. Our grandaughter Dawn, Jane's eldest child will be married to Dave Eckenrode. They will and are settled in Sabeka, MN. Jane of course is busy as a bee. This is her first shot at becomming - Mother of the Bride - and head wedding planner.
Both Dave and Dawn have children. We shall welcome our second blended family to the clan. Jim and Gina also provided us with a blended family. Jennifer, Julie, GiGi and Jon.
It should be a fun trip. Doris and I will ride with Jim and Gina. Jay and his brood will travel to Brainerd with their travel Trailer. They will be camping at a church campground nearby and all the little Battenberg's are excited. We, will attend the wedding and return home the same night.
We hope with all the bad economy, all of our freinds and our families are surviving. It's hard for me to imagine the threat of loosing ones job, home, saving in this time of our lives. I gues Doris and I were fortunate to be born just ahead of the so-called Great Depression. Many lost everything, however I don't think there were as many White Collar Crooks as there is now.
THE BEST WAY TO FIX THE ECONOMY
"Patriotic Retirement"
There are about 40 million people over 40 in the wok force.
Pay each of them 1 $million severance with the following stipulations.
1. They leave the work force immediatley. 40 million job openings
2. They buy new American cars. (40 million cars are sold) Auto industry saved
3. They either buy a new home or pay off their mortgage. Housing crisis fixed
How easy can it Be!
I have had some issues with my internet provider and or the Apple Store or myself. Each one of them blames the other.
I worked overtime this last week updating and learning to be more careful.
I hope things work better. Please let me know of any problems so I can work on them.
(I did'nt say Fix)
With the all the threats of the news papers going down the tube I need to get better at this medium.
Jim and Doris

No comments:
Post a Comment