Sunday, March 7, 2010

An exciting week at the Minneapolis Battenberg,s

March 7, 10

Today is March 7th.
Two full days and 61 years have passed since our marriage in Madison, Wisconsin, Doris, home and her affiliation with Trinity Lutheran Church.
Most of Doris, family and friends and my family were in attendance.
Many of those are gone now.
We have fond memories of all those great relatives and friends who gave us our start in the beginning 61 years ago.
If anyone who was in attendance that day it would be thrilling to hear from them.

The second exciting event that took place this last week was the electronic filing of our income tax.

Who would have thought 61 years ago that we would be able type information onto a computer, dig up last years Income tax return, stored in a computer type information into little boxes, and send it to the IRS with out using an adding machine having or to dig for information we might have missed if it was not for the electronic miracle we are now used and would have a tough time living without and communicating to many many people without this valuable asset.
Mind boggling to say the least.

Our long lost wandering son Tod, who resides in Oroville, Ca. unfortunately suffered a stroke. It has slightly paralyzed his right side. He is in therapy and his right arm is working better than his his right leg. There is s a family that has adopted him and are taking great care of him.
(they deserve a gold star) His prognoses is good but has high cholesterol and blood pressure. (to much junk food).

I will take time to explain what the problem was over the time since I published my last blog. I finally opted for a service with high speed internet capabilities. I had trouble getting reconnected to many of my former list of providers such as the blog. I have restructured and am (I think) back in the loop. My e-mail is (e.jamesbattenberg@comcast.net) I might add that I am more than satisfied with the service and ease it affords me.

Those of us in Minnesota are now looking forward to spring. We were clobbered with a snow storm on Christmas day that was almost immediately followed by a hard rain. Because of the holiday, plows were not immediately dispersed and over night the whole mess froze solid. We have been suffering with that until the last couple of weeks when the sun rises higher each day and takes its toll on all that snow and ice.

I (Mr Green Thumb) have been thinking of starting my Tomato plants in our living room as I did last year. It is not Doris, favorite place for them but is the only place I have found where I can give the proper environment and the loving care they need. Stay tuned for more tomato news.

It seems as though I have been rambling to long so will sign off for now , but not without a smile!

Aging:
Eventually we all will reach a point in our lives when you stop lying about your age and start
bragging about it.

When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, Think about algebra!



Remember to keep on keeping on!

Jim and Doris

No comments: