Sunday, March 14, 2010

Minneapolis, Mn
March 14, 2010

Good Morning to all,
Another week has passed and 2010 spring and daylight savings has given Doris and I the opportunity to look forward to more and more enjoyable Minnesota weather.
Unfortunately, a rainy week and melting snow and ice have added to the runoff into Minnesota streams and rivers. It seems every spring, people living near these waterways suffer from floods. It always amazes me how much they must love living near or even on these flood plains. We wish them luck again this year.

To-Day, The U of M basketball team plays in one of the semi-final games. I nor Doris are not die hard sport fans, but do get excited when the Gophers, Twins and Vikings do well.

The Minnesota Twins, after much dissatisfaction with the Metro-Dome now have a brand new outdoor ball field. I have not seen it except driving by and television pictures. All reports are that it is a state of the art place to watch and play baseball. More tickets, season and singles, have been sold than anytime before in the history of this Minnesota team. Even those who complained about how the stadium was financed or where it was built are now standing in line for tickets. Many of the teams future home games are already sell outs especially the Yankees and Milwaukee. We shall see what happens on the cold and wet days of a Minnesota spring. The Target Corporation helped financially, hence (Target Field).

Son Tod is doing better with his therapy. Twice each week his friends, the Siglers make sure he gets to his sessions and exersize sessions. Doris and I are very appreciative of this family.
Son Jay, the father of the triplet girls is busy with his his recent purchase of the duplex next to his. It was in pretty bad shape and required many unexpected repairs. I have been helping as much as I can with repairs than can be accomplished in my shop.

In addition to our blog, we send e-mails and to those who are not computerized an occasional letter. It seem unfair that if you don't have a computer youre out of the loop. Some have trouble when receiving e-mails and opening attachments. We too have the same problems occasionally when receiving e-mails with attachments. I must assume we are not alone. We just keep on keeping on.

The green thumb news; This last week I sowed my wild oats! In my case it was tomatoes. I use those handy little plastic greenhouses that contain every thing to be successful except the seed. These tiny tomato seeds have sprouted and are doing well in our partly sunny living room window. Yesterday I purchased the soil for them to grow in when they grow up. I need all the help I can get as the growing area in my grow boxes is not very spacious. This gives me and the tomato plants a better chance to be popular when those delicious red fruits are ready for slicing. I especially am anxious to watch them, on a daily basis, grow outside of my shop door.

Today is bright and sunny. I awoke to daylight saving this morning. Popped out of bed, showered, shaved and then realized it was Sunday, not Monday.
Almost as bad as showing up at church after the service.
1969;
Woodstock, Apollo Mission to the moon and Sesame Street debuted. Do you remember?

He said to her "what have you been doing with all the grocery money I have been giving you"?
She said to him " turn sideways and look in the mirror".



Jim and doris





No comments: