I can remember as a child at this special time of the year, the great anticipation due to my special double holiday. I always suspected that I always received a birthday that was originally planned as a Christmas present. Remember, I said suspected. I'm sure Mom and Dad always had a birthday present for poor old Jim. Try not to be born around Christmas is my best advice.
George Burns said and I quote
"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city"
Yesterday was snowy. It began about 6 AM and continued till around 6 or 7 in the evening. Doris and I did not have to go any where so it was an inside looking out at those not as fortunate. Many fender benders but no serious injury's.
last week was busy as usual. Jim had to visit Dr. Moore. The prostate procedure of 10/15 did not seem to be helping. In fact, I was just plain uncomfortable. The good Doctor, looked me over, prescribed a few more medications and as of this date everything has began working again, as it always has.
Doris is preparing for her surgical experience on January 9. I don't know how you prepare for that, but she seems to be doing great (as usual). She is in the kitchen constantly baking her great Christmas goodies for all to enjoy.
I do not comment on bad news. So you will have to look else where.
Eide Saw is as busy as ever in their new quarters. Business is great, collections are great, all of the Eide Saw family is great and are looking forward to this week when the annual Christmas goodies are there to be sampled by all. Doris and Jane work very hard each year to bake for the gang. The company is fortunate to have all of the long term employee's that are with us. January 1 marks the 32nd year it has been in the Battenberg family and the 82nd year since George began his saw sharpening business in the wharehouse district of Minneapolis. We are proud and thankful to have been able to own it and build on it far beyond what George or Glen could have ever imagined.
This year as in past year we will celebrate at son Jay's and Gina's home. They have large spaces to accommodate all that al able to come together for this very special Holiday.
I have been asked to prepare the large turkey for the Wednesday evening get together and the Christmas day buffet. There are just to many of us to sit together in anyones home as we once did.
All of the Grandchildren are excited and having a tough time waiting for the exciting moment when Mom and dad say OK, open your presents.
On Christmas day these kids distribute presents from under the tree to the rest of the family.
Most of the Battenberg's are in attendance, however due the the large and diverse group, we are not able to spend the day with all of them. We are thankful for all our family and those that can be together with us.
I traveled to the grocery store this AM. (Mom had to have cranberries) Roads are snow packed but safe to drive on (IF) you drive slower and safely.
I was surprised this week with several phone calls from special people from our past.
Some of them long time friends, some who were business associates, and some who we have lost track of for one reason or another. Many thanks to all who think of us at this special time of the year with cards those who have called to say Merry Christmas.
Be sure to check later on Doris as I will dutifully post her progress right here as often as needed.
I need to again thank, Matt and Gigi for the opportunity of having this blog.
Merry Christmas to all and a happy New Year.
JIM and DORIS

No comments:
Post a Comment