Happy Holidays to all!
In the small farming community of Blanchardville, WI, on December 15, 1926 a lovely baby girl was born to Alvin and Otilda Carlson. The baby was named, Doris Elaine, the 11th child of what would be 12 children.
As a small child the family moved to Madison, Wi. We have never been able to find out how the family moved 2 adults and 12 children about 75 miles around 1929 or 1930.
We will never know as Doris has only 1 remaining sister, Ruby living in Barstow, California. All Ruby can remember about the move is that she wet herself during the trip.
I met Doris after WW ll when I was a student at the U of W in Madison.
We were 20 years old and very much in love when we married 2 years later.
Doris will celebrate her 82nd birthday on Monday December 15. Together we will celebrate our marriage of 60 years on March 5. A lot of folks said it wouldn't last. (but it did)
I refuse to dwell on the unpleasant and negative news that is being pounded in our ears at this time of the year.
I will tell you, I am proud that our Company, Eide Saw and Tool Service is busy working hard to get orders out in time. All of our loyal employees are busy as always and there is no back up plan or plans to survive. Eide Saw thinks positive.
Thanks to Matt and Gigi Dobosenski of St Peter, MN I am now beginning to enjoy the BLOG. I hope it brings a smile or two to you, the reader.
sign on a Plumbers Truck
"We repair what your husband fixed"
Keep in touch, we love to hear from you!

No comments:
Post a Comment