I attended church with my family, had our usual Sunday dinner and attended a Sunday movie with some friends.
Upon leaving the Theatre there was all kinds of commotions in the streets.
Every one was yelling that the Jap's had bombed Pearl harbor.
I had never heard of Pearl Harbor.
I would never forget Pearl Harbor.
I was sad that I could not join up.
My Father was happy that I could not.
I finally reached age 18 and was drafted, only to be discharged before I could be sent overseas.
It all changed my life as I had known it.
Last week we again were busy with Doris Pre Op exams. This time it was an ultra sound to check a suspicion the there might be cancer in one of her kidneys. It was, I am happy to say, negative.
Doris is through with school for the holidays. I am not sure when she will be able to return to her Kenwood Kid's.
Snow today but not measurable.
Vikings beat Detroit and still maintain a hold on first place in the Black and Blue Division as it was once called.
Have a merry Christmas and hunt for good news around you and yours.
Jim and Doris

No comments:
Post a Comment