Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday 
January 19

This is MLK day. It is also the day before Barak obama is inaugarated the 44th president. 
History ! 

Last week was an extreemly busy one for Doris and I. On Thursday, one week to the day Doris was discharged from the Uof M hospital. Both she and I were happy about that. 

She is doing well and begining to eat and more importantly, to keep it down. Doris does not do well when being administered medications from tubes and bags. 

On Saturday the Visitng Nurse office sentr a rep to visit and take notes concerning Doris condition and her after care needs. This morning a physical therapy and and heath nurse visited. One at 9:00 AM and the second at 10:00 AM. Doris was busy and I am impressed with this fine service. They are setting up schedules for future visits. Excercise is important and we are fortunate to live in our condo where miles of indoor walking opportunities are available. 
She needs a bit more help with a lingering physical problem that needs attention. The visiting nurses are helping with that problem. 

 I have become the in-house attendant. Nursing, cooking, shopping, cleaning, laundry  and  whatever it  takes to get Doris back to normal. 
 I must report that I have not taken time to attend to the many phone calls, and e-mails    inquiring about Doris hospital stay and recuperation. It is not an immpossiblity to do this,    but is time consuming and is accomplished between chores and visitors.                                    Yes, Doris does enjoy the calls and visitors and  the cards of encouragement. 

Thanks to all of you.

Jim's humor:
Don't let your worries get the best of you:
Remember, Moses started out as a basket case.




 

No comments: