Saturday, February 14, 2009

Good Morning and aHappy and Loving St Valentines day to all.

It seem as though the weeks just fly by in Minneapolis. 

First, our usual medical report.

The Valentines day health report is excellent. Doris is an amazing lady. A survivor of invasive surgery that was canceled after opening, a stint at the U of M hospital to heal the incision and having to put up with the ordeal of my cooking and cleaning wich is no where near the top of any expertitice I may have aquired by this time in my life.

Doris traveled to Mystic Lake  to play bingo on Tuesday last. She was welcomed and she says, she received many hugs and welcome back from the bingo and bus crowd. She claimed of a bit of tiredness while there but sat a bit and rested, and then back at the table.
The visiting nureses (angels) have discontinued their weekly visits and there are no upcoming MD visits scheduled until March.  She is planning on her next visit to Mystic Lake on Tuesday, 17 of February. Now thats Progress.

February 12 was Mr. Lincoln's birthday. I will always remember that day for ever. 
Why?
That was the day after turning 18 years in December past, that I boarded a bus with a bunch of other guy's for the trip to Milwaukee for our physical exams.  All of the draftees were to be examed to see if were fit to become a part of the great Armed Forces of World War ll. 
I passed the exam with flying colores. 

Standing in line for most of the day I was finally asked if I wanted to return home and wait to be called into the service (most guy's did), or would I enjoy a continuing trip to the Army right now. 
I  foolishly raised my hand, was sworn into this mans Army, and in what seemed like an instant, myself and a few other stupid guys were headed for Fort Sheridan, IL. 
I never expected to be sleeping in an army baracks with a bunch of guy's just like me. 
And that is why, I shall always remember Mr. Lincolns birthday.

The wether has been warm and the ice on the lakes has been melting a bit. I have only made it out to the infamous ice twice this winter. I am planning a trip on Tuesday if the weather cools and it is safe to drive on the hard water. 
Will let you know the results next week end. 

Sign on a maternity room door "PUSH, PUSH, PUSH"



Jim and Doris






No comments: