This week I am a day late with this up-date.
It was a busy week end at our house.
On Saturday Matt and Gigi Dobosenski and their two boys, Gavin and Garick visited. They live in St Peter, Minnesota and were acompanied by Gigi's Mom and Pop, Gina and Jim who live in Chaska, Minnesota, a southern suburb. We had a great visit and did enjoy the boy's. We hope theyb enjoyed as much as we.
The main reason for the visit was an electric piano. Some years ago I purchased this piano. I thought it might be fun to lean to play and maybe become the life of the party. As you might guess, and piano teachers will confirm, seniors are not great prospects for piano studies. It is in good condition as it was hardly used. It was probably one of those things I bought and just had to have. It was hardly even touched.
It did however turn into a wonderful gift for Gavin and Garick who will began taking leson's shortly. They already play the violin and are exceptionally good at it. We will be waiting to hear of their success in the future and are already planning to attend the first recital. It is great to have some musically gifted folks it our family.
Doris did not win any large amounts of cash last Tuesday and I did not get even one fish to at least take a small bite on my line.
Both of us are planning a repeat vist tomorrow.
Last week was cold and we experienced the largest snowfall of the season. It did not seem as big a deal as the folks who report the news made it. There was a snow emergency declared and cars by the hundreds were towed to the impound lots in Minneapolis and St Paul. Lots of un-happy folks stood in line Monday AM to bail out their cars. A ticket and towing charges add to many already long faces. Doris and I are thankful for our underground parking facility under our building. Car is always dry and warm. No scraping or brushing of snow before you can get started.
Doris will return to her volunteer position at Kenwood school on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. I guess you might say we are back to our normal routine. Both are thankful as 2008 was not a pleasant year for us due to all the med's we encountered.
We hope you, as we are, looking forward to spring.
I am anxious to get a early start on my tomato's this year and am thinking about some sort of inexpensive green house to increase the product and harvest. Wish me luck.
Have a great week and keep in touch.
JIM and DORIS

No comments:
Post a Comment