Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday February 1, 2009

The exciting month of January is now History.
A new president and his family are occupying the White House.
The new President #44 is already finding that the giant game of politic's is well and thriving in our capitol city.
We wish him good luck. 
We think he will need it.

Doris is on the road to recovery from her recernt surgery. 
The last vestiges of the experience were removed last friday when the cathiter was removed and her plumbing began to take oven on its own power. 
She, and I are thankful for that.
Her next appointment is with a urologist in a few weeks. This is to make sure her plumbing is operating correctly under that powerful Norweigan influence.  
The visiting nurse and the re-hab nurse do appear each week to check on her progress and to check her vitals. All indications are go! she seems to be doing real well but still tires easily.

It was a cold week in Minnepolis and there was no snow. The forecast is for warmer weather this commong week.
There was no January thaw this year. We shall survive!!!

I am hoping to get away a little oftener than I have for the past weeks. I miss my daily trips to Eide Saw Service. I have some unfinished projects that need my attention and I need a change of pace. 

Connie, our great neighbor has been an angel in helping me, help Doris. There are some things I just could not handle and she was there when I and Doris needed her.  Thanks Connie and thanks Lloyd for sharing her with us.

This is Superbowl Sunday. The biggest sporting event in the world. 
It's a sign of old age, but I can remember the first super bowl that was won by my Dad's team, the Green Bay Packers. 
I must be getting old.
I will not offer any predictions on this log. 

My good freind, Larry the barber is going to show up tomorrow to take care of my longer than normal hair. He has recently purchased a used Linclon Town Car with all the whistles and bells. The plan is he will pick me up at home, whisk me to Eide Saw and do the job. We will then have lunch at our favorite working mans lunch "Elsie's" and he will ferry me back to Washington Avenue. 

The group from Arizona called us last evening to say they miss us. It's always nice to have them call and let us know what mischeif they are getting into.

Sign:
At a propane refill station;

"Thank heaven for little Grills"

Thanks for tuning in, we appreciate.


Jim and Doris










No comments: