Time flies when your having fun.
Projects:
At this time in my life, I have several projects going. It's kind of hard to keep track of them all. I seem to get involved easily, however it keeps me out of the bars and on the straight and narrow.
First, Son Jay and his bride Gina needed a place for the girls to sit at the table.
Room was a large consideration. I dug out a plan for a bench that solved the problem. A bench type that seats the three of them together and storage underneeth for Gina,s extra table cloths, napkins and etc. During construction I had to converse with Jay abut construction question and of coarse the finish on the project. At this writing all is settled and Monday I will put the pieces together. I don't know if Gina or I will apply the varnish. I have room, Gina does not have a lot of room and four kids prowling around might be a problem. We shall see. I hope to get it delivered before this new week is over.
I have been refinishing a couple of table leaves for Doris' puzzle table. Seems as though the puzzle's keep getting larger and it requires much room for the completed puzzle and all the pieces that surround it. I am just about finished with that project. Drying time was a bit slow during this last wet, cold and drizzly week. It will be finished this week for sure.
Health;
Doris' s bladder surgery is schedued for April 14th at U of W Riverside Hospital. She has all the necesarry paper work completed and she is ready to go.
The last surgery was into the many thousands of dollars and I don't know how much this will cost. The thing I do know and am thankful for is our wonderful Minnesota U-Care Health insurance. All is covered after a $100.00 deductable.
I have a follow-up on my prostate cancer in a couple of weeks. I must have blood drawn this comming week which will tell the tale of the success or failure of those radio-active seeds that were implanted last spring. I feel great so am confident about the upcommong exam and consultation.
Green Thumb:
My tomato plants are growing in the living room on the 14th floor atop a table near the sunniest window in the place. I hope my timing is OK. I or my bride wound not like to have those vines crawling all over the place.
I will be glad when it warms and I can get them transfered to my growing area at Eide Saw.
Neighborhood Driving Patterns:
The contractors are busy readying Maquette Avenue and 2nd Street for the new concrete road way. The whole project will not be completed till late in 2010. The streets will be driveable before the end of this year but sidewalks, new lighting, bus stops etc will not till 2010.
Spring Break:
Doris and Kenwood School will be on spring brak this comming week. I don't know how she will fill her time. Tuesday of course is Bingo day, and I must say it has been a while since the numbers called have benefited her. She keeps on keeping on! She is anticipating her annual trip to visit sister Ruby in Barstow, California.
Easter:
We will again, as last year, spend Easter with our family and some added friends in Chaska, Mn at Son Jim and Gina's home. Most all of us will be there and we are hoping for nice weather. With all the kids produced in our prolific family warm weather changes family gatherings for the better.
We have been informed by the condo board of directors that the heat, supplied from the city utilities and piped to most buildings in the downtown area, will cease to warm us after April 8th. This always causes controversies as some like it hot while others are trying to conserve on the condominium gas bill. The same thing happens in the faall when the air conditioning is turned on and off. This is a large building that houses many folks. It is hard to satisfy all.
Thanks for tuning us in again this week. I enjoy writing this and hope it is enjoyed by all.
I am looking forward to edit the picture of himself on the first page. Have had many comments (mostly bad) about it. As soon as I learn how I will edit and a new picture will be inserted.
With that I think it is time to end this and leave you with a smile. (I hope)
A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology class by saying "everyone who thinks they are stupid, stand up".
Little Johnny stood up.
The teacher asked, "Do you think you are stupid, Johnny"?
Johnny answered, "No Ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by yourself".
Have a good week, and pay attention to the good news of the day!
Jim and Doris

No comments:
Post a Comment