Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday, July 21, 09

Where has the time gone?

This is the first time I have been delinquent in publishing our weekly "BLOG".
Sunday evening, the usual time for me to sit down and relive the past weeks events of the Doris and Jim story. 

Son Jim and his bride Gina came for Sunday dinner and an afternoon of cards. After sitting at the table trying to keep ahead of the ladies, my back began to bother me. I decided to let the blogging go rather than suffer. On monday we were to meet with some friends from our former RV group in Turtle Lake Wi for dinner and a evening of gambling.  A short stop in 
Lindstrom, MN  to visit friends Shirley and Farrell Bergner and enjoy some of Shirley's desert made the trip to Turtle Lake shorter. 
We met our friends, Carl and Audrey Peterson, Luck, Wi who surprised us with Marlys Kaye, visiting from Arizona. Marlys is also a former RV'er from the group. Ed Stack and Carolyn Anderson from Wilson and Menominie, WI, long time RV'ers and Northland Travelers group members were there. We were able to find one another in the casino and enjoyed dinner and conversation and exchanged news from other group members who are spread far and wide. 

I am not sure of the gambling success of these great friends who had traveled various distances for an evening of renewal, hugs, food and catching up at the money grabbing machine store.       I can report on my usual unsuccessful attempt at beating those awful addicting monsters that most people seem to love. I inserted a five dollar bill into the hungry devil, pushed a button that I believed would guarantee me a winner and immediately lost $4.50 before I knew what had occurred. I punched  again and again until my recorded balance was .07 cents. I gave this amount to Ed as he traveled the furthest. End of gambling for Jim!  
After a long hunt back and forth through isles of  the shiny brightly lit machines I found Doris (it takes along time to find Doris at a casino)  doing better than I had, putting her money into a penny machine. She was receiving  great coaching lessons from a lady sitting next her. She did win a few bucks. She did not offer her loser room mate the return of his five bucks.
All in all it was a great afternoon and evening with friends. We will anxiously look forward to the next time. 

Walking: 
Walking can add minutes to your life. 
This enables you at 85 years,  to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $7000 per month!

Grandpa stated walking at age 60.
Now he's 97 and we don't know where he is.

Thanks for tuning us in.


Jim and Doris


 

No comments: